Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 10 - Week 8 in Rock Springs, Wyoming

So far, I've had a great time with Elder Kirsi.  First off, we have 2 people on date to be baptized, James on the 25th of Oct, and Debbie on the 1st of Nov.James is probably the most golden investigator I've ever seen. He's so eager to learn, it's amazing! We've been blessed with a ton of investigators that will either be baptized this transfer or next transfer. My goal is to have someone on date for every single week next transfer at least. That way, the missionaries coming into Rock Springs will see at least 6 people on date, and be incredibly motivated because of it. And then if they work towards putting people on date for next transfer, then our area will be baptizing every week! As long as we continue finding new people, this area will be extremely blessed throughout the mission.
This week was a blessing week. Elder Kirsi and I got to give like 4-5 blessings, and all of them were very spiritual. We got to meet and give a blessing to a man with ALS, which was an amazing experience, he's thinking about learning about the gospel, but we're waiting to hear from him. We also gave a blessing of healing to a man suffering from cancer, and the next day, he wasn't in pain anymore. We were also able to give a blessing to a single mom with 2 kids who knew nothing about the gospel that moved her to tears. I think the Lord's trying to increase my faith in the power of the priesthood. It sure is working.
Our recent convert, Justino, lives in an apartment building, and we've become really close with everyone in there. The single mother, Carrie, lives there along with many other potential investigators. Everyone in there is like family to each other. I think that after we baptize Carrie and her two kids, the apartment will explode with investigators.
Something that our zone has been struggling with is getting people to attend church. I have never had more than 3 investigators at church, but yesterday we were planning for 9 people to be there! Sadly, 6 were out because of sickness, and 1 overslept, so we only had 2.. Luckily, since this week is general conference, Satan can't really stop them from coming. :) I'm hoping for 11 people to 'come to church' this week!
Before I forget...again... Elder Jensen and I, the Sunday before he left, sang in church. We sang 'Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy'. It wasn't anything amazing, but we could both carry a turn, so we did fine. We even sang parts at one point. Elder Kirsi and I bore our testimonies every sacrament meeting we were at yesterday, which was something I was not used to at all,l but the words came really easy. As a missionary, I hope I'll be able to speak in sacrament meeting soon, which is something I never thought I would ever say.
I was also able to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders again, this time with Elder Berry. He's a convert of 4 years, and the humble, optimistic view he had on missionary work is something I'll never forget. I wasn't able to spend very much time with him in Evenston, which I guess was a good thing, because Elder Kirsi, who didn't know the area at all, had it hard enough for the short time he was running it while I was away.
Well, that's about it, keep in touch, I love you all!
- Elder Martineau

No comments:

Post a Comment