Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 8 - Week 6 in Rock Springs,Wyoming (WITH PICTURES)

Week 8:

Hard to believe I've been out for 8 weeks now. It doesn't feel like any time has past at all! 2 of the Elders I know are going home, Elder Paige (the one that was serving in Ukraine) and Elder Beard (the one I went on transfers with). I'm going to miss them both. 

I got to read 'My Search for Happiness' last Tuesday. (It's not very long of a book) It's really good, and I would recommend it to pretty much anybody. It teaches the first 2 lessons that we teach, just in much more detail. 

This week, the main event, besides transfers, which I'll get to soon haha, was an exchange with Elder Tagg, who came down from Pinedale. I love him, but our personalities were exact opposites. And neither of us were allowed to drive yet. So we walked. For about 5 hours. Which was fun. Until someone was off work that could drive us around to appointments. Luckily we only had to walk around once during the exchange. (So I don't sound like a wimp, we live like 12 miles from the church building.)

To explain mine and Tagg's relationship, here are some of our conversations. 

"Yo M-dog, what would you do if I threw this egg at you?"
"..."

"Hey Martin, would you be mad if I drank all your milk?"
"Yea, probably."
"How mad?"
"..."

Guess which one was me. Haha

But really, he was a great teacher, and I learned quite a bit from him. 

The baptism of Justino Co happened on Saturday. He's from Guinia, Africa, studied Philosophy for 5 years, and speaks 7 languages. He was so solid that he switched his work schedule from day shifts to night shifts so that we could teach him, and so he could go to church. Makes me think I could do a lot more to show my appreciation for the gospel. Pictures are being put up now. 

I've set a goal for the number of baptisms I want to have before my mission ends. I won't say it, because I really don't know if it's high or low, but there is a very big importance in setting goals to strive towards, in every aspect of our lives. So 1 down, and many more to come. :)

We've really been blessed with tons of new investigators these past two weeks, Jensen and I have really focused on finding new people, and our work really has paid off.

And now, the moment you guys have been sitting on the edges of your seats for (I doubt it but anyways)


Elder Jensen will be training a new person somewhere else, and I will be staying in Rock Springs. 


I don't know who my new companion will be, I'll find out when we go down to Salt Lake tomorrow, but he'll be finishing my training, and staying with me in Rock Springs. I know I didn't like it at first, but this place is really starting to grow on me. I love all the people here :)

I'm grateful for all the kind words and letters that have been sent my way. I still look forward to them every day. 

With love, 

Elder Gunner Martineau








No comments:

Post a Comment