Thursday, January 1, 2015

T4 W3 (WITH PICTURES)

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, because I sure did! A lot of miracles have happened this week, which I found surprising, since it was the week of Christmas and all.. I'm very grateful for all those who showed up to Skype with me, and for those that didn't, I expect some letters next week... haha.
We had planned to have a baptism this last Saturday, but since her parents had gone out of town, we've moved it to the 10th of January, which is also when James' baptism is. They are both ready and willing, so we're excited about it!
The crazy miracle happened two days ago. Someone from a neighboring town gave us a call about one of their friends who lives in our area that wants to learn more about the church, which is already a miracle as it is, but don't worry, it gets better. This friend said that he wanted a Russian Book of Mormon, and we found out that he's from Russia. Now for those of you who don't know, Elder Wilson, my companion is fluent in Russian because he started him mission in the Ukraine. So that was crazy enough, that the only missionary who speaks Russian in Wyoming happens to be in Rock Springs when this person calls. Not only that, the person who gave us a call also speaks Russian because he served his mission is Moscow. So when we meet him, I won't be doing much of anything as the only non-Russian speaker...
Well, that's about it! It was a slower week because of the holidays, and I'm definitely looking forward to this week. I hope you all have a happy new year, and I look forward to hearing from you all!

- Elder Martineau

1. The straightest stretch of road ever.
2. Stuffed pizza from Papa Murphy's
3. My new candle!
7-9: Christmas Eve with Carrie
12: Our Tree
14: A stocking at an investigator's house
15: A truck with it's youth
16-17: What I did on Dec 26... haha
Other picture: Missionaries is Rock Springs last transfer.



















No comments:

Post a Comment