Tuesday, December 23, 2014

T4 W2

Another week come and gone. This week was a pretty neat one. We got to go on a temple trip, have a big meeting, and a Christmas devotional / dinner all in the space of a few days down in Salt Lake. We got to spend the night with Elder Kirsi, and then with one of Elder Wilson's friends Elder Hearn. The temple lights were absolutely beautiful, I would have pictures of them, but since we had gone into the temple, I didn't have my camera with me. At the Christmas devotional for our mission we had a surprise guest come in the form of Jeffery R. Holland! The entire room started buzzing with excitement when we saw him walk in. He's so busy all of the time, so just the fact that he was able to fit something like this in was incredible.
We have a baptism scheduled for this Saturday, a girl named Karen who speaks mostly Spanish. Her Dad has been against it from the very beginning, but she said that as soon as she turned 18, she was going to baptized. She knows she's doing the right thing, and it moves her to tears whenever she thinks about it.
Elder Wilson and I have like this new drive ever since the beginning of this new transfer. We've been being perfectly obedient in everything we do, and I've completely changed my attitude about my mission. We've been hitting all of the goals we've been setting, and are now up to like 25 investigators. The ways we've be getting results are out of our control (like people walking up to us in church with referrals and other miracles like that) so I know it's because the Lord is stepping in to help. Elder Wilson has been an incredible drive and motivation for me to be better every day.
So, one last miracle, James is an investigator that we've had for a while now, but he didn't get baptized because he had been living with his girlfriend. They were planning to get married on March 27 (I even have the invitation and everything) and so we were planning to baptize him sometime in April. HOWEVER.Wednesday morning we got a text from him saying 'Hey guys, hope you're having a good morning. I just wanted to let you know that Jess and I got married last night, so we can more forward with the baptism' all nonchalantly and what-not. I really couldn't believe what I was hearing, I think Elder Wilson dropped the phone when he first read it. We're super excited about this, and we're going to put him on date later tonight.
Well, I'm running out of time, but things are definitely looking more and more up here. I don't ever want to leave Wyoming, it's like Zion here!
I love you all, and hope you have an incredible Christmas. I will be skyping home at 4:00 on Christmas day, so for those who want to see my beautiful face, come to that! (please come :P )
Love,
Elder Martineau

No comments:

Post a Comment