Monday, December 15, 2014

T4W1 (WITH PICTURES)

What a great week! Well, it was all over the place, but at least it ended great. We had 6 people come to church, which is the most in a while. We're a little worried about the upcoming week due to the holidays, but hopefully at least SOME people stick around.. Something that we've been trying to work on is our goals. We set weekly goals, but this week we really tried as hard as possible to reach them, and we got some pretty amazing things done. We hit almost all of our goals, and most of them barely. It was a pretty rewarding feeling.
We were supposed to have a baptism last Saturday, but because we couldn't get someone to come do the interview, (and believe me, we tried) and when we visited with her later, see said that she wasn't sure if she was really ready. So, that was a bummer, but she's still working towards baptism, hopefully it'll happen this transfer, because I was really looking forward to that.
Something that I've started to do is to memorize scriptures in the Book of Mormon. There was a promise given by Vaughn J. Featherstone about how if someone memorized a scripture a day for 2 years that at the end they would have a photographic memory. I thought it would be a fun thing to do (and who knows, maybe I'll memorize the entire thing!) and I'm currently at 19 scriptures.

Well, that's what's happening over here. We are still having the most beautiful weather ever, people say this is the warmest winter they've EVER had, and I'm glad I can be here for it. Who knows, maybe I'll even stay ANOTHER 6 weeks! I don't think I would mind that as long as it didn't get too cold.. I love you all, and I'll see you on Skype next week :)
- Elder Martineau

Pictures #1 & #2: Elder Bass and I
Picture #3: Our beautiful tree (it's the top 1/3 of a 3-part tree)
Picture #4: Elder Bass' empty room/closet
Picture #5: Sunrise
Picture #6: My legacy
Picture #7: Our new truck (right before we washed it)
Picture #8: Thug lyfe
Picture #9: Elder Martineau & Elder Wilson - sent to Tami from Sister Linda Brough in Gunner's ward in Rock Springs, WY












No comments:

Post a Comment