Tuesday, December 9, 2014

T3 W6

So, another transfer has come and gone. The news came in this morning and I will be staying in Rock Springs with Elder Wilson for another 6 weeks! I'm happy because I LOVE this area. This is the most coveted place in the entire mission, and I'm going to be here for at least a fourth of my mission! This'll be the first time that I'll be staying with the same Elder, so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm just glad it's with someone I'm really close to.
Not a whole lot happened this week. We had a flood of new investigators (5 of them), and a ton of referrals, which made me think I was leaving, but since I'm staying I'll be the one teaching them! We are up to 18/19 Investigators; we are extremely blessed up here. We even had a person show up in church, say he wants to get he life back in order, he had gone to Seminary even, and wasn't baptized. We also had a less active college return missionary come to us to help him come back. I'm super excited for these next 6 weeks, there's so much going on, and I get to be a part of it :)
Elder Wilson shared this scripture with the less active college kid, and while it sure helped him. it helped me a bunch too. It's found in the Book of Mormon in Alma. (The person speaking is Amulek) 

 5 Nevertheless, after all this, I never have known much of the ways of the Lord, and his mysteries and marvelous power. I said I never had known much of these things; but behold, I mistake, for I have seen much of his mysteries and his marvelous power; yea, even in the preservation of the lives of this people.

 6 Nevertheless, I did harden my heart, for I was called many times and I would not hear; therefore I knew concerning these things, yet I would not know;therefore I went on rebelling against God, in the wickedness of my heart...

It's a powerful scripture, especially for this time of year, let's not forget all that God has done for us. I love you all, and hope to hear from you soon!

- Elder Martineau

#ShareTheGift

No comments:

Post a Comment