Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Transfer 3, Week 4 (WITH VIDEOS & PICTURES)

Man, it's miserably cold up here. So, another week has come and gone. I'm still alive, and the temperatures are above zero again! Woo! Since I've always predicted transfers right, it's coming time to make my predictions again. I know that Elder Wilson is staying, unlike before when I knew Kirsi was leaving, but I don't know what's going to happen to me. I think I'll know for sure by next week.
I've noticed something really cool, that the way we teach missionary discussions can apply directly to any kind of teaching. I'm noticing ways that I can improve my ability to teach not only for when I'm serving, but when I get home as well.
A lot of interesting things have happened this week. For instance, We had a FHE with Carrie and her kids, and about an hour after we left, Carrie gave us a call and asked if we could come back. Tera's lizard had died, and she was pretty upset. She wanted us to come back over and say a quick little prayer for it. So I gave a little obituary for Larry the Lizard. I never thought I would do anything like that ever, but it was really touching that we were the first people she thought to call.
D.J. Harris and his wife had been going through some marital problems, but seem to be doing much better now. We're so happy for them. D.J. came to church for the first time yesterday, and seemed to have a great time. We're going to be helping him to stop smoking on Wednesday, so be sure to keep him in your prayers.
One of the other Elders in our apartment, Elder Hanks, got in an accident a little bit ago. It wasn't his fault, and no-one was hurt, but the car got pretty messed up. There's a lot of accidents happening all over Rock Springs because of how icy the roads are. I should be driving next week, because I want to say I've driven on ice more than once, haha.
Well, that's about it. I can't believe I've been out for 4 months, it doesn't feel like that long at all. Take care, and I hope to hear from you all soon :)
Love,
Elder Martineau

































No comments:

Post a Comment