Saturday, August 2, 2014

Week 2 - MTC

Thank you all for all the love and support you all have given me. It's been very comforting to know that right before I climb into bed, I'll receive anywhere between 2-6 letters.
The big thing we've been doing this week is learning to talk to people we've never met before. It's funny, because since I'm going to Salt Lake, I'll never have tract or talk to people on the street hardly ever, but I suppose it's still useful.
We got to go to the Provo Temple last Saturday, and will get to go again later today. It was very beautiful, especially the hallways, but I still like the Gilbert temple better. haha
Before I came here I never played a game of 4-square in my life, but lately it's become my favorite thing to do. They only have B-ball, V-ball, and 4-square in the gym, so I'll just stick to dominating 4-square.
Yesterday, I had to sit through In-Field Orentation. 9.5 hours of just sitting and listening to people talk to us, without very little action required from us. I ended up having a pretty bad headache around 3:00, and the rest of the day was torture. My right butt muscle hasn't been the same since.
I may be leaving in 3 days but I've learned so much during my time here. I'm excited to finally get out in the field!
- Elder Martineau


Note from Tami
Gunner will be leaving the MTC on Tuesday so, if you want him to get a letter soon, you'll want to send one tomorrow or Monday morning (before 11am our time) through www.dearelder.com.  If you want to use this service, you will need the following info:
Select:  Provo MTC
Name:  Elder Gunner Martineau
Unit code: 146
Mission code:  UT-SLC-E
MTC Departure Date:  August 5, 2014
Email address:  gunner.martineau@myldsmail.net


Gunner's address will be coming as soon as he is assigned.  Until then, any letters will need to be sent to the mission office.   This can be done through www.dearelder.com (for the cost of a stamp) or you can send it yourself to the following address (per Gunner, it takes about 4 days to get to him):
Elder Gunner Vohn Martineau
Utah Salt Lake City East Mission
3487 S 1300 E West Entrance
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
(801) 487-6098 - the phone number in case it is needed for the carrier you are using

Or you can always just send him an email at gunner.martineau@myldsmail.net.  Just keep in mind that he gets very limited computer time and can only check his email on P-Day so, if he can have already read your letter, he can spend what time he has sending out letters, instead of just reading them.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment